Compliance streams & Silicon IPs
AL-H264-E H.264/MPEG-4 AVC|MVC Encoder IP
H.264 High-Definition High-Profile encoding IP
Download the leaflet
H.264/MPEG-4 AVC|MVC ENCODER IP
The H.264 high-profile includes the most advanced H.264 coding tools. Using efficient compression tools like cabac entropy coding, dynamic transforms, enhanced intra prediction, scaling lists, adaptive B pictures and direct mode, Allegro DVT’s H.264 encoding IP brings significant bit rates savings compared to existing solutions.
Allegro DVT’s H.264 encoder IP core allows fast and easy integration in a wide range of System-On-Chip (SoC) applications. The H.264 encoder IP is an independent entity, requiring minimum support from the SoC embedded CPU. The motion estimation algorithms have been optimized to fit the memory bandwidth and latency requirements of consumer SoCs. Thanks to its hardware architecture, the H.264 encoding IP minimizes both gate counts and power consumption.
- Best-in class video encoding quality
- Ultra low glass-to-glass latency (Wi-Fi Display, automotive, medical, aeronautical, ... applications)
- Fast and easy SoC integration
- Picture memory mapping independent
- Use of SoC RAM for frame storage
- Low bandwidth
- Low gate count
- Low internal RAM size
- Low power
Supported standards for Encoder:
- AVC Baseline, Main and High profiles up to 4Kx2K
- MVC stereo High profile @ level 4.1
- Multi channels support
- Multi slices support
- Multi resolutions up to 4Kx2K
Supported tools for Encoding:
- Progressive or Interlaced with PAFF encoding
- Input format: 4:2:0 or monochrome
- Intra prediction: All intra4x4, intra8x8 and intra16x16 modes
- Inter prediction: ¼ pel interpolation
- Weighted prediction for B pictures
- Transform types: 4x4 and 8x8
- Quantization: Flat, default and custom scaling list
- Dynamic Quantization parameter per macro block in the slice
- Entropy coding modes: CABAC, CAVLC and PCM coding supported
- Loop filter: In-loop deblocking filter
- Output bit rate: Up to 50 Mbit/s
- Rate control: CBR, VBR
- Adaptive B picture management
- Scene changes management
- AMBA APB interface for CPU programming
- AMBA AXI interface for the external memory
- Specification, validation and delivery documents
- Bit accurate executable software reference model
- C control software source code
- RTL source code
- Verification/Integration test suite
Wi-Fi Display/Miracast technology leverages the 5 GHz wireless band, which offers higher bandwidth, for relatively interference-free transmission of latency-sensitive real-time media content.
With Wi-Fi Display/Miracast technology, consumers can mirror the display from one device onto a larger screen in real-time; moving and viewing content among various devices such as smartphones and tablets, but also smart TV’s, anytime, anywhere.
Allegro DVT licenses a Wi-Fi display/Miracast H.264 encoding IP.
Allegro DVT's Wi-Fi Display/Miracast IP solutions implements a complete H.264 video encoder, that supports a glass-to-glass ultra-low latency as low as 20ms, keeping a high video quality. Thanks to this ultra-low latency, Allegro DVT's Wi-Fi Display/Miracast H.264 encoder is perfectly suitable for new ranges of application, such as online real time gaming and productivity applications.