Allegro DVT announces the immediate availability of its multi-format hardware video encoder IP with H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC and VP9 support. This enhanced version of the Allegro DVT multi-format encoder IP now supports:
- H.264/AVC Baseline, Main and High Profile,
- H.265/HEVC Main and Main 10 Profile,
- VP9 Profile0 (8 bit) and Profile2 (10 bit).
for any resolution ranging from HD up to 4K@60Hz-10 bit.
This new IP brings 3 major benefits to our customers:
- Best-in-class video quality: Allegro DVT’s 10-year experience in advanced video codec design enables our customers to select the best trade-off between area, power and video quality according to their specific application needs.
- True multi-format architecture: most of the encoder IP hardware resources are shared between the AVC, HEVC and VP9 video codecs. This allows significant area savings compared to the integration of several independent video encoders.
- Scalable architecture: the encoder IP size and power consumption can easily be adapted to the application’s target resolution and frame rate. It is for example possible to quickly derive versions of the encoder specifically optimized for resolutions like High Definition (1080p@30Hz or 1080p@60Hz), 4K@30Hz or Ultra High definition: 4K@60Hz-10bit.
“Thanks to an improved compression efficiency and to its adoption by YouTube, VP9 has gained a huge traction in the video industry. Our customers are eager to quickly integrate VP9 support in their next generation SoCs. With our innovative multi-format architecture our customers can now add support for high quality/low bandwidth VP9 encoding with no significant increase in SoC area, power consumption or memory bandwidth” said Pierre MARTY, Allegro DVT’s CEO.
“WebM project is really excited to see the first true VP9 enabled multi-format encoder IP to enter the semiconductor market.”, says Jani Huoponen, product manager for WebM hardware. “VP9 hardware decode support in the chipsets and devices is increasing rapidly and next phase is to enable VP9 real-time encoding in consumer devices. Allegro multi-format encoder with VP9 support is a real good option for various consumer devices.”.
The multi-format encoder IP with VP9 support is immediately available. It has already been licensed and delivered to one of the top-10 IC vendors.
For more information, come meet us at DAC 2015, June 8-10 – San Francisco, booth #2202 and at WebM Summit 2015, June 17 – Mountain View.
About Allegro DVT
Allegro DVT is a leading provider of H.264/MPEG-4 AVC|SVC|MVC, HEVC/H.265 and VP9 solutions, including industry standard compliance test suites, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, HEVC/H.265 and VP9 encoder, codec and decoder hardware (RTL) IPs. Allegro DVT products have been chosen by more than 100 major IC providers, OEMs and broadcasters.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.